My name is Alex Miles Younger.
I help inspired people articulate their vision. My creative problem-solving process results in beautifully designed products and profound strategic insights.
Currently, I’m engaged as a design strategist for Cooper Strategic, LLC and working on a select handful of projects which are still in stealth mode.
Since starting this journey:
- I’ve had the great pleasure of working with smart, talented people like Seth Godin, Danielle LaPorte, Tim Sanders, Nolan Bushnell, Steven Pressfield, and Derek Sivers.
- I helped launch The Domino Project (a publishing house founded by Seth Godin and Powered by Amazon), and served as its Creative Director.
- I’ve designed book covers, print book interiors, digital books, websites, email newsletters, brochures, posters, postcards, LPs, DVDs, buttons, an eight hundred and ten page coffee table art book, and style guides for ongoing publications. (Whatever was needed to get the job done.)
- I’ve worked as a photographer, a photo retoucher, and as a digital tech on editorial and advertising photo shoots for Nike, Microsoft, Burger King, Coke Zero, Geek Squad, Old Navy, and Volkswagon.
- My portfolio includes nine bestselling books, and my client list is comprised of business innovators, change agents, and artists of all kinds.
I love working at the intersection of content, technology, and design. I love making things beautiful. Most of all, I love working with people who are fascinated by stories, ideas, and the internet as much as I am.
Book covers, Logos, DVD packaging, LP packaging, and quote art imagery for social media.
Books, workbooks, style guide templates, media kits, and coffee table book layout.
Coding and Development
Kindle books, ePub, HTML newsletters, and website design and development.
Photography, Retouching, and Digital Asset Management
Portrait photography, photo retouching, studio lighting, image licensing, and digital tech best practices (image organization and storage). I’m also an Instagram addict with a penchant for street art.
I blog to share my beliefs that:
Art is articulation. Joy is to inspiration as observations are to ideas. Blood, sweat, and tears aren’t what they used to be. What doesn’t kill you doesn’t always make you stronger. There’s a bear in the woods. We contain vast inner landscapes. Each measure of fear shrinks us while each measure of hope increases the space inside our souls. Death focuses life, it helps us discern between the trivial and the essential. The world we live in is a human invention.
I was born in a state known for bourbon, horse racing, and bluegrass music. I can build a lean-to and start a fire by rubbing two sticks together. I believe the internet is making our lives better. I cook daily. I hate running. I love yoga. I buy shoes once a year. I love weather that lets me wear shorts and sweaters at the same time. I speak limited French. I brew my own beer and fix my own bike. I make a mean loaf of no-knead bread. I love tattoos. I have a penchant for reading the same books over and over again. I’m not very good at singing, science, or keeping plants alive. I believe the truth is out there. I live in the sweet spot between nerd and artist. I’ve moved nine times in the last ten years. I believe everyone should be more sincerely curious.